Friday, February 5, 2010

Turbo Kick Certified

So I have been taking this class at the gym called "Turbo Kick" It's huge on the west coast and my friend Carli has been teaching it here in San Antonio. It hasn't taken off yet but I know it will. Well you can only do the elliptical and treadmill and then your weights for so long, you have to mix things up a bit so I tried Turbo. I absolutely love it!! It's a bit of kickboxing mixed with dance. Not a far stretch for me, it's an amazing cardio workout for a full 45 minutes and you will never plateau with this workout. So I loved it so much and with a little push from Carli I decided to try to go get certified so I could become and instructor and teach it. Well I am happy to say I passed the written and pratical tests and I am officially certified to teach Turbo Kick!!!!! The owner of my gym I go to wants me to start teaching there but I'm also trying to start at Spectrum (really popular gyms in Texas). So I'm starting my journey.

My amazing National Instructor, Mindy Lawhorne(she in a lot of the video rounds we teach from) She used to weigh 24o pounds!!


Carson took a picture of me the morning I left to the certification, I obviously didn't end up looking like this after a full day of Turbo and testing, hence the pic above.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Mindy looks like a girl from the Beach Body Turbo Jam movies who also lost a bunch of weight! Is that same girl? Anyway, I'm excited for you! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete